Saturday, August 06, 2005

We can make a party last all night

Good morning, and welcome to the eventual chaos that is Blogathon 2005!

Before we begin, my heartfelt thanks go out to my sponsors. There aren't words enough to tell you what your support means, but if you know me, I think you can probably figure it out. You guys are aces.

If you haven't pledged but still want to, mosey on over to that link on the left, where it says "Pledge a donation to the NKF through Blogathon 2005". You'll need to register and log in, but then you can go back to the campaign page to make a pledge. Donations are to be sent directly to the National Kidney Foundation at the conclusion of the event. Pledges are being accepted until sometime on Tuesday, though!

Of course, if you pledge, you're eligible to participate in my Sponsors Game!

Scattered throughout the blog will be song references. I will try to keep them just to the entry titles, but I make no promises - you may find some in small text at the bottoms of some entries. Here's the deal: if it's a snippet of lyrics (and most of them will be), identify the song title and the artist. If it's a song title, the artist and the album the song appeared on.

The top three sponsors who identify the most song references will each receive one pound of my almost-famous handmade truffles. I only use good chocolate - Callebaut, Vahlrona, Ghirardelli - fresh cream and real butter. They're rich and yummy and just as much fun to make as they are to eat! To give y'all the time to go back and look at entries, please submit your lists no later than MIDNIGHT EDT on TUESDAY, AUGUST 9th. I'll post the winners' names on Wednesday afternoon, so watch this space after Blogathon is concluded.

Ready to get this party started? Yeah? Crank up the stereo and let's do this thing!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Japan cheering section, checking in! It's 10pm here, so I'll be back to read, evening, your time; tomorrow morning, mine.

And, dammit, I see that I missed First Post.

-mdevnich

9:08 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

YAY! I'm so glad you're here!

9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Morning,

I'll be thinking of you as I make my way home today. I'll check back when I get in.

Stina

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

*waves a little cheering flag*

(mornings are evil grrrrr)

-Stormfeather

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home