Saturday, August 06, 2005

Some might say that sunshine follows thunder...


Since about the first week that David I started talking to each other, I've always called him Sunshine.

It started out as pretty much a throwaway nickname - he was online earlier than usual one day and it happened to be morning here. Good morning, Sunshine!, I sent across the bitstream.

"Sunshine is wet! It's raining here and I forgot my umbrella!"

He's been Sunshine ever since.

Not that the nickname doesn't fit him, mind. He's generally cheerful and sunny, with a ready smile and a rich, infectious laugh. When he throws his head back and laughs, you just can't help but join in and laugh with him.

For seven years, he's made me laugh and smile with him, even when what I've really wanted to do is lay down on the floor and cry. Though he's done his fair share of bringing the storm clouds to me - and what friend won't, from time to time? - he's also done more than his share of chasing the rain away. Sunshine follows Thunder, tells it to get lost, and mops up the puddles the rain has left behind.

He's better than any umbrella ever could be.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Well, it takes me about 10 - 15 minutes to compose a post (no pre-writing allowed!), so I'm essentially here for 15 minutes, then I go do something for 15 more, then back here again.

Getting Reynardo's picture was pretty hair raising, I almost missed the post deadline. (I get about 3 or 4 minutes on either side of 30 minutes, to allow for glitches, but too many of those and they'll boot my ass out of the 'thon.)

10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home