Saturday, August 06, 2005

I got no car and it's breaking my heart, but I've found a driver and that's a start


How cool is this? That old jalopy that Uncle Bud stashed out back when he bought his shiny new 'vette? If it's in decent condition, you can probably donate it to the National Kidney Foundation through its Kidney Cars program.

You can take a tax deduction of the current Blue Book value of the car, minus the cost of repairs to get it running (if it doesn't run), and the NKF can re-sell the vehicle at a dealers only auction to raise funds for kidney patient education and support and kidney disease research.

The NKF gets back more than 67% of the proceeds of these auctions to fund their programs.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I recognize this title as well, but I have to. Closet Beatlemaniac and all that.

(Here, a free hint to anyone who might be reading on after the blog like I am now.)

2:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home