Saturday, August 06, 2005

I’ll start a revolution from my bed, 'cause you said the brains I had went to my head...


Did you know that there are 62,675 Americans on the United Network for Organ Sharing (UNOS) list, waiting for a kidney transplant?

Of those, 18 people die every day while waiting for a donor.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if that number went to ZERO?

It can, and you can help it. Be an organ donor. It costs you nothing, it costs your family nothing, and you get the chance to help someone else - or even several someone elses! - live a better, healthier life. You can even specify which organs you want to donate - should you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being unexpectedly deceased - and which you'd rather hang on to.

Give a loving, selfless gift to someone who desperately needs it. Fill out an organ donor card, make sure your family is aware of your decision, and let yourself live on a little in the gift of life to someone else. You never know whose life you're going to save.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hiya,

Just thought I'd drop by and share a little blogathon love. I was zooming through the webring and your post caught my eye (probably due to the title first and the content very closely there after)

Anyway, good luck with the next 22 hours ;-)

11:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ditto what Corey said.

And a shout-out too to the National Marrow Donor Program, as written about here, whose work is every bit as important.

Sorry I didn't get the chance to check in at the beginning, but I'm here now. Go you! :-)

- Turnberryknkn

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home