Sunday, August 07, 2005

Dreams could never fool me, not that easily


I owe so many of you a debt of gratitude - for your contributions to the NKF, for your commentary here, for your encouraging e-mails, for your extra links and for the time you've spent reading along on this adventure.

When I first determined a year ago that I would participate in a blogging event for the NKF, come Hell or high water, I wasn't sure what I ws going to write about. I knew that I would talk about David, since I was going to write in his honor, but I didn't really want to tell the whole world everything. Yes, I'm terribly selfish - he's MY best friend, dammit, and I'm not so sure I want to share all of the things that make him that with a whole bunch of other people. Y'all might get ideas and try to run off with him, after all.

As it happened, the writing came easier than I thought. I caught a groove and just went with it...and now here we are, very nearly finished.

One post to go. That one is reserved for David, for whom all of this has been all along.

To all of you - my sponsors and readers and everyone who sent a kind note along the way - my deepest thanks, from the bottom of my incredibly exhausted heart.

I couldn't have come this far without you.



Cause a thousand words call out through the ages. They´ll fly to you even though we can´t see. I know they are reaching you, suspended on silver wings.




4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Almost there! :-)

I'll probably be in the tissue culture hood when 9 AM actually rolls around, but I'm certain you're there. So Iet me offer my congrats early. :-)

*smooch*

- turnberryknkn

8:31 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Thanks, dear!

Less than half an hour to go...my ass is asleep and the rest would like to follow!

8:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good job! and good night (it's bedtime in my time zone).

-mdevnich

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yaaay!

9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home