Saturday, August 06, 2005

You're my sunshine and I want you to know my feelings are true...


You really have to be out of your mind to sign up to stay awake all day and all night to blog every half an hour.

Either that, or you're doing it for someone you care about.

I'm not so sure that it isn't a little of both for me. I mean, obviously, I'm here because of someone I care about, but I must be a little nuts to attempt this, right?

Well, yeah. But if you can't be a little nuts for your best friend, who the hell can you be a little nuts for?

It isn't often that you find a friend who can drag you out of your darkest moods just by being there, or one who can make you smile just by whispering your nickname. I got lucky in this regard - maybe more lucky than I deserve sometimes.

This picture is from one of my favorite days ever. We went out sightseeing with Paul and Mike, wandering about Twin Peaks to take pictures, meandering back by the Palace of the Legion of Honor, strolling Ocean Beach - me running into the surf with my pants hitched up, the boys hanging on the beach to build a sand castle - and, something I'd wanted to do my whole life long, strolling on the Golden Gate Bridge. We didn't go all the way across, just out to the first tower because we had other things planned and a limited amount of time, but that was just fine with me. I was out in the warm San Franciso sunshine, smelling the salty air of the Bay, looking out at Alcatraz, arm in arm with my best friend.

Maybe I'm not so nuts after all. Participating in Blogathon lets me help the NKF work to make sure I can have more sunny, happy days, wandering about with my dearest friend, giggling together and poking and teasing each other, and forgetting for just a little while the things that make life not so much fun.

Remembering these days - and looking forward to future days - never fails to make me smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home